Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ron Washington tested positive for cocaine

The 57-year old manager of the Texas Rangers, Ron Washington, tested positive for for cocaine during the 2009 season. Sports Talk Radio and the blogosphere will now implode. However, what's funnier than the actual news itself is the quote that Washington provided...

"I did make a mistake and I regret that I did it," Washington told SI.com on Tuesday. "I am really embarrassed and I am really sorry."

He's really serious ladies and gents, and I'm going to go to the book of understatements and pencil in "Hey I flubbed up a bit and did a wee bit of an elicit drug during the season" as a hall-of-famer. I wonder what Josh Hamilton is thinking right now?

1 comment:

  1. Ron Washington is an idiot for using any drug, especially one as serious as cocaine. I can't believe he's still managing the Texas Rangers.

    ReplyDelete